--------------enigBCC0175C63B7AE6037D9B452

Robert Klemme wrote:
>> Well, if Ruby had clean blocks, the method using #inject might be more=

>> efficient - I don't know how expensive the implicit hash construction
>> for method parameters is. Smalltalk muscle memory working there?
>=20
> I am not sure what you are at here.  Object creation always costs - eve=
>   small hashes.  Reason is memory allocation and GC management overhead=
=2E
>=20

I meant that with clean blocks, to_enum(:each_slice, 2).to_a.inject({})
{ |h, (k, v)| h[k] =3D v) } might be the fastest variant because you coul=
use a non-closure lambda (cheaper to construct, cacheable). A
smalltalker nerve twitch might make you want to use inject to optimize
this way - using idempotent lambdas where possible.

David Vallner