Hello !

> Do you know of a nice little example that doesn't modify a built in
> Ruby class? I didn't realize I wasn't specific enough in my request.

  I can give you that: in a meta system I'm writing, I want to be able
to build Qt widgets and to generate command-line parsers from a simple
definition. For the sake of simplicity, all this should reside in one
class. But I definitely don't want to link to Qt for a command-line-only
app. So here is my design:

common.rb:
class SomeClass
  def parse_command_line(...)

qt.rb
class SomeClass
  def create_qt_stuf(...)

  Then, I always have command-line generation available (it's a standard
ruby lib), but if I want Qt, I just need to require 'qt.rb' in addition
to 'common.rb'.

  Works great, and rdoc parses everything correclty, which is even greater !

	Vince

--
Vincent Fourmond, PhD student
http://vincent.fourmond.neuf.fr/