From: Robert Klemme [mailto:shortcutter / googlemail.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 29, 2006 1:20 PM
>> I've debugged (through dumb commenting/uncommenting lines) that the
>problem
>> seems to be inside socket.readline inside HTTPResponse.read_status_line
>> (net/http.rb, line 2017). Unfortuately, just now I have no advanced
>memory
>> debugging tools to say something more concrete about who and how shoots
>the
>> memory.
>>
>> What can I do with this? I'd be happy to any advices!
>>
>> (If it is important, SomeLibrary == HTMLayout, custom HTML layouting
>engine.
>> It doesn't use IE or Firefox, but it may use some Windows socket and inet
>> API - can the problem lay here?)
>
>Sounds like a reasonable guess.  Also, I do not understand why a HTML
>layouting lib needs sockets - especially in this case as you seem to
>pull the content via Net::HTTP.  IMHO layout != transport - but then
>again I do not know this lib.

You can look at the lib at http://terrainformatica.com/htmlayout/

In short, it is not only layouting, but also url processing and loading;
main goal is Rich Applications and Occasionally Connected Computing, thus it
provides HTTP loading also.

But the question is still actual: how can I even try to debug this? I am
semi-convinced that problem is definitely in Ruby's extension.

v.