Charles Oliver Nutter wrote:
> Wes Gamble wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> I am currently using the parseexcel gem to parse an Excel file so that I
>> can save it's data into a database (in a Rails app.).
>
> Another rough option would be using JRuby or one of the Java bridges to
> call out to POI, Apache's Office-document library.

Charles,

I would love to use JRuby for this app., but don't feel it's quite ready
yet (although you guys are moving it forward at an incredible rate and I
expect it will be a viable production option in less than a year - keep
up the good work).

Does anyone know if the POI Ruby bindings are a potential solution?  I
see
"Implement support for reading Excel files (easy)" under the list of
TODOs so not sure if I could use POI-Ruby to read...

Anyone have any experience with POI-Ruby?

Wes