------art_8835_6895949.1162050128308

On 10/28/06, Miquel Oliete <ktalanet / yahoo.es> wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm a ruby newbie and I'm trying to do something with templates using
> Amrita.
>
> I have a template which contains html with some <div
idomething">...</div>
> into it and Amrita doesn't generate this chunk of html because it gets
> because there is no something data into the structure.
>
> Do you know if there is a way to jump over this problem?

I'm not sure exactly what your problem is but the best place to ask an
Amrita question would be on their mailing list which you can subscribe to
from here
http://amrita2.rubyforge.org/

You would have the most knowlegable Amrita folks to discuss things with
there.

> Do you think Amrita is not good enough and you can tell me something
better?

Amrita and Amrita2 is a fine project. The main developer, Taku Nakajima is,
a dedicated person. So if the project meets your needs then it should be a
solid choice.

If you want to look at some additional templating projects that might also
work for you, check out

MasterView Template Engine
http://masterview.org/
ht <http://rubyforge.org/projects/masterview>tp://rubyforge.org/projects/mas<http://rubyforge.org/projects/masterview>
terview <http://rubyforge.org/projects/masterview>
(This is the project that Deb Lewis and I are developing)
It has some slightly different goals and features. There are some videos and
screenshots on the site to explain. We have several mailing lists as well,
so you can post to our masterview-users mailing list if you have additional
questions.

Kwartz template engine
http://www.kuwata-lab.co
<http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwartz/>m/kwartz/<http://www.kuwata-lab.com/kwartz/>

Liquid template engine
http://home.leetsoft.com
<http://home.leetsoft.com/liquid>/liquid<http://home.leetsoft.com/liquid>

Hope this helps. I'd be glad to help further if I can.

Blessings,

Jeff Barczewski

------art_8835_6895949.1162050128308--