On 10/27/06, John Wilger <johnwilger / gmail.com> wrote:
> On 10/27/06, matt neuburg <matt / tidbits.com> wrote:
> > Some languages have a "with" construction, where undefined methods are
> > routed to a designated object. Here's an example from UserTalk:
> >
> > with system.startup {
> >    string(license)
> > }
> Off the top of my head, you could do:
> There's definitely some nastiness there with the global variable, and
> I'm sure someone is going to point out where this completely falls
> apart within minutes of me posting it -- but it works for simple
> cases, at least.

OK, it was bothering me enough that I went ahead and fleshed out a
better solution (complete with tests!) --
http://johnwilger.com/articles/2006/10/27/adding-with-to-ruby

--
Regards,
John Wilger

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland