--------------070503060106080809020308

Austin is basically right -- *nobody* should use CygWin as a Windows
development platform/IDE/whatever. And nobody should use CygWin for Ruby
or Rails work of any kind on a Windows platform, since everything you
need is available in native form (the One-Click installer, Instant
Rails, and a native Windows PostGreSQL).

However, someone (Larry Wall??) flagged laziness as a virtue, so I'll
ignore Austin's complaints about laziness and continue to use CygWin for
times when someone gives me 15 minutes to get a job done on a Windows
platform that would take me several hours or several days to do if I had to

a. Locate a native Windows tool to do it,
b. Install the Windows tool and
c. Learn how to use the Windows tool.

:)

--------------070503060106080809020308