> As to CSS affecting the layout, you're absolutely correct. The more I
> think about this, I believe my "alternative" approach would be a better
> solution.  Even though it will involve someone going thru each page of
> the app and clicking on the controls *in the proper order*. However,
> this will only have to be done once as the "click order", or "taborder",
> will be written to a SQL Server table upon each mouse click. This sounds
> like a really interesting project!

I wouldn't be too hasty, there, those controls are going to change over
time, breaking both your scripts and your database records.

I've built a number of these sorts of things, and I find that it is
better to define sets of paths through the application that accomplish
particular objectives, as opposed to testing widget-by-widget.