On 10/26/06, jmg3000 / gmail.com <jmg3000 / gmail.com> wrote:
> DocBook has its fans, and it's a very large and flexible system likely
> capable of generating any kind of output you could possibly want
> (though I doubt it would do mathematics as nicely as LaTeX or Texinfo).
> You have to type (and learn) loads of tags when writing with DocBook,
> but your editor should be able to help a lot with that. I tried
> learning to use DocBook once, but the whole system seemed way too big
> and complicated so I slowly backed away.

Yeah, times have changed (though a lot of people got turned off in the
past), and writing DocBook these days is not so different from using
Word. For anyone interested, investigate one of the new, free DocBook
editors (perhaps XMLMind's XMLEditor). DocBook homepage here:
http://docbook.org/

HTH,
Keith