I know lots of people seem to have this problem...I've been through the
posts and have followed the advice, but I'm still having trouble.

Terminal isn't recognizing the rails command.

When I do a locate on rails, then echo $PATH, I'm told,

/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin

However, when I go through these directories in Terminal, rails is not
there. Instead, it's in usr/local/bin. My bash_login file reads

export PATH="/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/mysql/bin:$PATH"

Why is echo $PATH telling me that rails is in a different directory
than it actually is? And how can I get terminal to recognize the
command?

thanks,
matt