Le 26 octobre 2006 ? 02:04, Rick DeNatale a ?crit :

> I've heard that accents were dropped on capital letters because
> accented capitals weren't commonly available on typewriters.

That was my understanding too.

In any case, the Acad?mie fran?aise insists that the capital letters
must be accented, if only because some accents can change the meaning of
a word in french.

Fred
--
Romantic scent          Spoiled Lucrece lies warm for you
There's no such priest  That can pray me to heaven           (Nightwish,