Alex LeDonne wrote:
> On 10/26/06, Patrick Spence <patrick / pkspence.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks!
> I don't think this is a well-defined problem. The order in which
> fields appear on screen is not deterministic with respect to the
> source document; it can be affected by CSS and even by the user agent
> (it's possible to have field A below field B in Firefox, but above in
> Internet Explorer). Considering tables & columns, even "before" and
> "after" become ambiguous... how would you order the fields in the
> following HTML table, with respect to screen layout?
<snip>
If you're referring to my question, I thought it the problem was defined
quite clearly; here's what I have, here's what I need, how do I get
there?

As to CSS affecting the layout, you're absolutely correct. The more I
think about this, I believe my "alternative" approach would be a better
solution.  Even though it will involve someone going thru each page of
the app and clicking on the controls *in the proper order*. However,
this will only have to be done once as the "click order", or "taborder",
will be written to a SQL Server table upon each mouse click. This sounds
like a really interesting project!