On 10/26/06, Robert Oliver <rob / ocstech.com> wrote:
> I agree.  I don't see what the big thing is against Cygwin.  I did try out
> Xming though, and I prefer it over Cygwin for communicating with a remote
> Linux machine.  However, Cygwin still fills that need of needing UNIX tools
> on Windows, and I can't think of any other solution that works better.

As long as you don't insist on bash or something that tries to map a
Unix filesystem over the Windows filesystem model, the GnuWin32 tools
work better.

When on Windows, use Windows mental models. When on OS X, use OS X
mental models (which is not just Unix, of course).

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca