Victor 'Zverok' Shepelev wrote:
> Peter Bailey (pbailey / bna.com)
> 26/10/2006 15:44:12
>
>> Hi,
>> Can someone tell me how I can use Win32OLE to open an existing file? All
>> the doc I've seen just shows you how to start a new file, like this:
>>
>> require 'Win32ole'
>> excel = WIN32OLE.new("excel.application")
>
> excel = WIN32OLE.new('excel.application')
> book = excel.Workbooks.Open(path)
>
> Typical answer for all similar questions: open Excel, start macro
> recording, do what you want, stop macro recording. Open recorded macro -
> it would be in VBA, but can be ported into Ruby w. WIN32OLE pretty
> straightforward.
>
> V.

Thanks, Victor. I tried it with an existing file, and, it worked! It's
pretty slow, but, the books warned me about that. So, are you saying
that all of the WIN32OLE instructions are simply VBA instructions? So,
technically, I could derive my answers by just looking at the VBA help
in Word or Excel??