On 10/25/06, Rick DeNatale <rick.denatale / gmail.com> wrote:
[about UML]
> Sorry, but having lived through some rather dubious IBM "Strategies"
> which revolved around "methodologies" and  magic bullets for building
> "big software," I'm rather dubious about the value of some of these
> things, other than to those selling the idea.

UML isn't a methodology.  UML is a common agreement on how to draw diagrams.

I personally don't feel it gave me much, as informal diagrams had
worked fine for the communication I need to do (including my own
modelling), but the precisely defined notation frees me from having to
explain what notation I'm using to somebody else.

Eivind.