On 10/25/06, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote:
> In France uppercase letters accents are optional, I do not think that the
> application of the accents varies by regions. (Dis-le si je dis une gaffe
> Franc, je ne suis pas Fran?ais)
> I do not know about Qu?bec.
> So Tim is wrong, in a literal sense, sorry, but I guess that the point he
> wanted to make is very valid, how would you downcase "TACHE", as "tache" =>
> spot or "t?che" => task?

Tim is not wrong. Someone's remembering of what Tim said is wrong. In
speaking with him after, it was very clear that he was referring to
larger jurisdictions, such as the differentiation between France and
Canada on uppercase accents.

Again: I don't agree with Tim on some of his positions, but this is
not a place he made a mistake.

-austin
               * austin / zieglers.ca