Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 10/25/06, Trans <transfire / gmail.com> wrote:
> > Disney World
> > (Orlando, Florida)
>
> God no. Nothing personal, Trans, but Orlando is less likely to have a
> successful high tech conference than anywhere else that's been named
> so far. It's not their focus; they're purely focussed on tourism.

Huh? Orlando it a premier destination for conferences precisely b/c of
the extracurricular tourism. They have a massive conference center
complex where multiple conferences are going on at all times.  RubyConf
is probably not big enough for such a venue, but there a tons of nice
hotels around that support smaller ones too.

But I take you're point that Orlando isn't a "tech town" --if one's
focus is "all work and no play" I guess that doesn't sit right.

T.