On Wed, 25 Oct 2006, Austin Ziegler wrote:

> If Matz, as usual, has a 1.8.6 release for Christmas (Matz?) I will be
> recommending Curt use MinGW to compile Ruby for Windows. The
> discussions that are going on with Microsoft will be continuing with
> the preferred target for the VC8 build being next year's 1.9.1,
> because I suspect it will take nearly that long to build the support
> tools we need to make this work properly.

thanks for working on this and keeping us in the loop austin.

i'd like to volunteer to help get gsl and narray in the dist if a msys build
comes to fruition - there are few hacks i had to make and it would save
someone some time if i could relate them.

it would be a huge boost to the science world if ruby came out of the box with
a good matrix toolkit like narray and the vast array of scientific codes that
is the gsl.

kind regards.

-a
--
my religion is very simple.  my religion is kindness. -- the dalai lama