On Oct 23, 2006, at 8:42 PM, Eero Saynatkari wrote:

> On 2006.10.24 03:21, Marc Heiler wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> sorry for the delayed reply.
>>

>> Thanks for the replies. I'll try to find out how the
>> <% is used by erb. There must be a way to patch it
>> to allow other delimiters, even if I am the only
>> one who will use that. :)
>
> Is there any particular reason you do not want to use the
> standard delimiter? This is how erb works:
>
>   # Template
>   <% math_result = 1 + 1%>
>   Hello, I am a math genious. 1 + 1 = <%= math_result %>.
>
>   # Result
>   Hello, I am a math genious. 1 + 1 = 2

	If you really can't stand the <% syntax then download and install
the erubis gem. It  is an Erb clone that behaves the same way ecept
it has many more features and is 3 times faster then Erb. It also
allows you to set the template delimiters to whatever you want. So if
you were totally off your rocker you could even do this:

<?php  [:foo, :bar, :baz].each do |sym| ?>
   <?= sym ?>
<?php end ?>

;-)

-- Ezra Zygmuntowicz