Hello,

Maybe some of you already came across my latest blog entry - it's about
the comparison of a few Ruby vs Java idioms. Basically I wrote it
because I just learning Ruby and I was astonished by it's power, and
well, I just blogged about a few tasks I solved recently. It can be
found here:

http://www.rubyrailways.com/sometimes-less-is-more/

Of course I have thought some Java guys will be pissed off by it, but I
sat back and laughed at them. However the last bit was this comment:

I set up a tree in Ruby with this code (method_missing behind of course)

tree = a {
            b { d e }
            c { f g h }
          }

And somebody said this is crap and can be done much nicely in Java. He
also provides some kind of code...

Arghhh... This is now really... How to say...

As 98% of the comments is like 'yeah Ruby is maybe cool, but Java is
about equal or better' and there is not even one real Ruby answer, I
would like to challange some members to add some Ruby spice to the
thing, too. I think the Ruby community is also cool enough to argue a
bit about this, on Ruby's behalf...
What do you say?

__
Peter