In article <9b7804c40610230814k67f7acf0h1bb01053a9b449ec / mail.gmail.com>,
Tomasz Wegrzanowski <tomasz.wegrzanowski / gmail.com> wrote:

>Did you take a look at magic/xml [ http://zabor.org/jrpg/magic_xml/ ] ?
Yes, I took a brief look, but it didn't immediately seem to be what
I wanted.

>magic/xml provides a very nice interface for xml streams.
>It doesn't need any callbacks, subclassing or any ugly things,
>all you need is a single block.
I'm sure it would do the job, but I guess again it's a matter of
'philosophy'.  I knew pretty much what I wanted to do and, because
I've used that approach before (in C++ for instance), it was actually
easier for me to write a mechanism to do it than try to figure out
somebody else's way of thinking about things... (:-))

A gentle [though perhaps a little blunt (:-/] suggestion:  include
a README in your package!  One reason I didn't probe very deeply
was that I couldn't find any "easy road in".  RDOC is fine for checking
up on the details of an API, but in my experience it's almost useless
as a 'road map'.  (This has been a problem for me with Ruby generally.
The "User's Guide" is nice, but there's a big gap between that and
the "Documentation".  I suppose I shouldn't be so stingy, and buy the
"Pickaxe" or something. (:-/)

Cheers,
				-- Pete --