From: Sari Connard <leafhopper8 / gmail.com>
Subject: ruby & activeTcl run solely from a usb flash drive
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 03:37:54 +0900
> My goal is to run a ruby (gui/tk) from a usb flash drive.

When I created a CD-R for running Ruby (One-Click Ruby) + ActiveTcl
on the CD-R, I used the following batch file to initialize environment
of a command-prompt.

------<rubytk-setup.bat>---------------------------------
@echo off

rem *** initialize ***
set ENVROOT=%~dp0
set RUBYVER=182
set TCLVER=8.4

:arg_check
if "%1"=="" goto setup

if not "%1"=="8.5" goto check_85
set TCLVER=8.5
shift
goto arg_check

:check_85
if not "%1"=="85" goto check_8.4
set TCLVER=8.5
shift
goto arg_check

:check_8.4
if not "%1"=="8.4" goto check_84
set TCLVER=8.4
shift
goto arg_check

:check_84
if not "%1"=="84" goto check_root
set TCLVER=8.4
shift
goto arg_check

:check_root
set ENVROOT=%~f1
shift
goto arg_check

:setup
echo env_root is %ENVROOT%
echo add %ENVROOT%ruby%RUBYVER%\bin and %ENVROOT%ActiveTcl%TCLVER%\bin
to PATH
set
PATH=%ENVROOT%ruby%RUBYVER%\bin;%ENVROOT%ActiveTcl%TCLVER%\bin;%PATH%
set RUBYBINPATH=%ENVROOT%ruby%RUBYVER%\bin

rem set RUBYOPT=rubygems

set ENVROOT=
set RUBYVER=
set TCLVER=

On the CD-R, extracted Ruby and ActiveTcl files were placed like as
the next.
./Windows/rubytk-setup.bat

./Windows/ActiveTcl8.4:
MANIFEST  README.txt  bin/  demos/  doc/  include/  lib/
license.terms

./Windows/ActiveTcl8.5:
MANIFEST  README.txt  bin/  demos/  doc/  include/  lib/
license.terms

./Windows/ruby182:
ProgrammingRuby.chm  doc/       installer/  readme.txt  share/
ReleaseNotes.txt     freeride/  lib/        samples/    uninst.exe
bin/                 include/   man/        scite/