Jeremy Woertink wrote:
> I am on a windows machine, and oddly enough I ran it the code. it went
> to 59 then when I hit enter, it printed 60 We're done here ....
>
> Is that what it was supposed to do?

Uh no. I expect the loop to run until I press Enter and not stop before
that.

Francis & Jan thanks.

Maybe the problem has to do with the fact that input from STDIN is
echoed. This requires using STDOUT. Maybe STDIN's thread locks STDOUT?
But I'm also guessing that other much more knowledgeable people than I
have had thoughts about this. I'm just having trouble finding those
posts.

As I'm not going to be writing lots of interactive console applications,
I'm not going to put more effort into this. It's clear to me that this
is a bug in Ruby's implementation for windows.

Mark