> > > Anybody know a way to make this DRYer?
> > >
> > >    when /^([A-Za-z0-9,]+), '([^']+)', '([^']+)', '([^']+)'/
> >
> > \1, \2 etc. may be used to refer to previous numbered groups.
> >
> > I wish the same could be applied to the egregious overuse of
> > the term DRY by the Rails club.
>
> Giles, if the above came across snide--it was meant to.

well DUH

> I do,
> however, apologise that you had to bear the mighty brunt of
> it. I have grown somewhat tired of the sheer number of DRY
> this and DRY that I have seen recently and you are most likely
> not behind all of it at least :)

OK, first off, you don't need to apologize to me for making fun of the
Rails club. I got kicked out of that club for being intolerant of
script kiddies. As much as I admire Rails for its brilliance and
elegance, you can go ahead and say anything you want about that
community for all I care.

Second, no offense, but although I did bear the brunt, I don't think
the brunt was as mighty as all that. It wasn't a runt of a brunt but
it wasn't mighty either. I'll live.

Third! There was a bit of tongue-in-cheek going on there. I mean you'd
have to be insane, or a Perl coder, to think that a straightforward
regex could genuinely **benefit** from being compacted into something
terser merely for the sake of compacting things. I really just wanted
to see if it was possible at all.

--
Giles Bowkett
http://www.gilesgoatboy.org