--------------enig1FBF36F7B625C450E143CA61

Robert Plantz wrote:
> Can someone point me to documentation that describes the use of '#'
> other than as the comment character? Or perhaps tell me what I should
> have read before this tutorial?

This is a convention. GtkWindow#show means "instance method 'show' in
the class GtkWindow". I've seen it used heavily in Smalltalk-related
material, though the last time this topic came up (a year or so back?),
someone came up with a more detailed "etymology". I'd tell you to check
the mailing list archives, except I've no idea myself what I'd begin to
search for...

David Vallner