Alder Green wrote:

> Excellent website!  You just saved me hours of searching.
>
> I went through the wizard and apparently a Ruby Wiki called Instiki -
> http://instiki.rubyforge.org/ - is claimed to fit my requirements. Any
> special reason you didn't use it?  Is it not robust, or complex, or
> not easily extendable?

I don't recall exactly, but my main requirements were plain text data
storage and some sort of ACL or robust spam filtering option.  (And I
had tried Instiki once before and it just didn't float my boat.  Maybe
it's changed. But see note below.)

Basically, the feature set of Dokuwiki was too compelling.

Also, see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instiki

"As of October 12, 2006, Instiki does not appear to be under active
development anymore, and its own website has not been functional for
some time."

The rubyforge page looks out of date, and instiki.org wouldn't come up
for me.
--
James Britt

http://www.rubyaz.org         - Hacking in the Desert