Alder Green wrote:
> We are going to deploy a Wiki system for a medium load website. Any
> recommended Ruby options?
>
> The Wiki doesn't have to be feature-rich. It can be simple, but should
> be elegant and easily extendable, as the people who are going to use
> it are mostly hackers.
>
> The only special requirement is that it would have decent bidi support
> (for Hebrew pages). But if you know a good Wiki codebase answering the
> above description, we might extend it to support bidi by ourselves.

Is there a particular need to have it written in Ruby?

I was looking about for a robust Wiki some months ago, and would have
prefered to use a Ruby app for ease of hacking, but the Wiki features
were more important.

I ended up with Dokuwiki, a PHP app.  It's quite good.  I believe it
supports Hebrew.

http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:lang:he
http://hebdokuwiki.berlios.de/dokuwiki-2006-03-09e/doku.php

You might want to look at

   http://www.lifeclever.com/2006/10/19/want-your-own-wiki/

which links to

   http://www.wikimatrix.org/

There's a 'Wiki Choice Wizard' that could be very helpful.  (Though they
seem to think Ruby and Rails are two different languages.)

--
James Britt

"Trying to port the desktop metaphor to the Web is like working
on how to fuel your car with hay because that is what horses eat."
    - Dare Obasanjo