gwtmp01 / mac.com wrote:

/ ...

> No comment on the whole homework issue, but I think it is important
> to keep in mind that not everyone on the Internet has English as their
> first language.

That could apply in this case, but in my experience, non-native speakers
tend to acquire better basic skills before posting. This is almost
certainly the case of a native speaker who has spent his life watching
television rather than reading books.

An indicator for this is familiarity with words based on how they sound
rather than how they look. An example would be someone chronically unable
to distinguish between "sight", "site", and "cite" (one of my pet peeves).

> I can only imagine what sort of comments would be generated by the
> native speakers if we all had to post to ruby-talk in Japanese.

Yes, myself included. On the other hand, who among us would dare?

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com