Howdy.

> 	I was installing mod_ruby the other night, and I came upon an error in
> the documentation. I compiled mod_ruby to use eruby and then put the
> requisite directives in the httpd.conf file from the documentation
> provided by the maintainers of mod_ruby. Here was the stuff I put in
> httpd.conf:
>
> <IfModule mod_ruby.c>
>         # for Apache::RubyRun
>         RubyRequire apache/ruby-run

Ooh!  Add the following lines:

	  # for Apache::ERubyRun
	  RubyRequire apache/eruby-run

>         # handle *.rhtml files as eRuby files
>         <Files *.rhtml>
>                 SetHandler ruby-object
>                 RubyHandler Apache::ERubyRun.instance
>         </Files>
>
>         # handle *.rbx files as Ruby CGIs
>         <Files *.rbx>
>                 SetHandler ruby-object
>                 RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
>         </Files>
> </IfModule>
>
> Whereas, to make it work (to serve .rhtml files without HTTP 500 errors,
> I should say), I had to change the RubyRequire line to the following:
>
> 	# for Apache::RubyRun
>         RubyRequire apache/eruby-run
>
> However, I don't see as to why I should have to do this, considering
> that it should not affect Apache::ERubyRun at all. Anyone run into this
> problem or something like it?

It does because you need to load the Apache::ERubyRun class before you
can have it run over a .rhtml file.  Just add the two lines above to
your conf and you're good to go.  If you have any questions/problems w/
modruby, check out the mailing list modruby / modruby.net.

	-sc

	PS  This is an uncommented/simlified version of what I'm running
with

<IfModule mod_ruby.c>

--
Sean Chittenden