Hey everyone, this is only a partial ruby question... I discovered a
gmail library on RubyForge ... I was like, why hasn't anyone written an
IMAP proxy for GMail yet?

In just one day, I've implemented LOGIN, LOGOUT, NOOP(tehehe), and
LIST(partially). That being said, does anyone here actually understand
the IMAP commands well enough the could help out?

I'm reading the RFC and packet-sniffing the connection on my mail
client, but there's a few commands, FETCH, and UID that i'm having
trouble figuring out what the heck they do.

Can anyone point me to an IMAP command tutorial or lend me some help
explaining the syntax of a couple of commands? Writing a IMAP server is
pretty poopy.