John Carter <john.carter / tait.co.nz> wrote:
> I see the Perl 6 Apocalypse 3 is up.
>
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2001/10/02/apocalypse3.html
>
> Is there anything there that Ruby can learn from?

NO!!!!!  Absolutely not!  Ruby does _not_ have a confusing mass of hundreds
of operators, and would never be the same if this kind of stuff being
proposed and accepted in Perl 6 were adopted.  The syntax for Perl 6
originally looked like a nicer, more OO-natural Perl 5, but now is starting
to look an order of magnitude worse as the operator-soup continues to grow
amazingly.

Ruby doesn't look like line noise.  It's very hard to make it look like line
noise since we have reasonable method names and not a plethora of operators.

> I see Ruby is quoted as something Perl 6 is learning from.
>
> Hmm. It seems to me that Perl 6 could afford to learn from the Ruby gsub
> with block semantics.

Hopefully that should be easily possible in Perl 6 without any real
modification :)