Marcus Bristav wrote:
> I have a customer (we build their intranet with Rails) that subscribes
> to a number of news feeds. They want to make these feeds available on
> their intranet so we need to fetch, parse and publish these feeds
> (like a interal web based feed reader).
>
> Are there any good Ruby libs to this that preferably supports 0.92,
> 2.0 and Atom (Atom is more of a nice to have than need to have...) and
> exposes it with a nice common (for all formats) API?
>
> I looked att RAA and Rubyforge but didn't find anything that really
> peaked my interest (although I might have missed something)
>
> /Marcus

You may be interested in feed-normalizer; something I pieced together to
wrap a few different Atom/RSS parsers. It outputs a normalized
object graph to represent a feed, regardless of the underlying feed format.

It currently wraps the Ruby RSS parser and Lucas Carlson's SimpleRSS,
but it can be easily extended to support more parsers. Patches welcome.

http://feed-normalizer.rubyforge.org/

Hope that helps.

Andy