Thanks guys,

I did miss that + sign before the second variable.  I can't believe I
missed it.  I had been looking at that same piece of code for about 4
hours trying to figure it out and it was so simple :)

Now that I am still in my testing, I have run into another issue with my
while statement.  I am new to programming all together so I am having a
bit of an issue understanding loops in general.

When I tried to run my program this other error has shown up:

99bottles.rb:22: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting kEND

Its saying an unexpected end but I can't see where.  My "ends" seem to
be fine but I will post the entire while loop, maybe its another simple
thing Im missing again.

number = 99

while input >  number

puts number + '  bottles of beer on the wall, ' + number +  ' bottles of
beer.  Take one down pass it around'

input=gets.chomp

while input >  number

	if input < number
		puts 'No Way! Choose a lower number then ' + number.to_s
	else
		number = (number.to_i - 1)