On 10/17/06, ara.t.howard / noaa.gov <ara.t.howard / noaa.gov> wrote:

> it's a nice idea, but not as a default, consider Object#method_missing,
> Module#const_missing, etc.  they rely on being fired when something is not
> defined...

Not only that.  Consider that the 'my' operator in perl is more than
just a convenient way to get the interpreter to check your spelling
with the strict pragma.  It's actually there as a scoping construct:
if you don't declare a variable with 'my', what you get is a package
(global) variable rather than a lexical.

--
Lou.