Phrogz wrote:
> Rick DeNatale wrote:
> [snip]
> > There's a famous story about a similar lecture he gave at Apple, where
> > someone else pushed back in a similar way.  If Oberon doesn't have
> > encapsulation how can it be object-oriented. In this case, Wirth's
> > ultimate rejoinder boiled down to  "who can really say what
> > object-oriented means."  To which the questioner responded, "Well, I
> > suppose I do, I'm Alan Kay and I invented the term."
> [snip]
>
> The most authoritative-looking account[1] I could find say that it was
> not Wirth giving the lecture (and that Alan didn't use his name in the
> retort). Good story, though :)
>
> [1] http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?HeInventedTheTerm

* "So, this product doesn't support inheritance, right?"
   "that's right"
* "And it doesn't support polymorphism, right?"
   "that's right"
* "And it doesn't support encapsulation, right?"
   "that's correct"
* "So, it doesn't seem to me like it's object-oriented".

That's just seems wrong.

Here's a description of OBJECT-ORIENTED PROGRAMMING IN OBERON-2
http://www.statlab.uni-heidelberg.de/projects/oberon/kurs/www/Oberon2.OOP.html