------art_134154_3545505.1161089681356

On 10/17/06, Peter Szinek <peter / rubyrailways.com> wrote:

> Robert Dober wrote:
> > On 10/17/06, Peter Szinek <peter / rubyrailways.com> wrote:
>
> > You are simply brilliant ;)
>
> I am certainly very far from that... I was just happy that (still being
> a noob) I have solved something on my own for the first time. What's
> wrong with that?

Did you see the smiley Peter?  I meant that somebody coming up with the same
thingy than me will be brilliant because we all think that we are brilliant,
but only in the joke.
So there is definitely nothing wrong at all and it is quite impressive for
someone new to  ruby.
However it is quite a headache to maintain, I did not add any more readable
forms, using e.g. #inject because I thaught that this will be perfectly at
your fingertips.

Simon has added a version I think is most readable, it is probably a very
good thing to use.

Here is an alternative using #inject - I do not like inject - but I am a
pro, I will not let getting feelings in my way ;)  <---N.B. Smiley

n.inject([]){
  |a,k| a << [*k*n+1..(k+1)*n]
}

Furthermore that leaves a little challange for yourself, unless you dislike
the magic dot notation.

Cheers
Robert

> Peter