--------------enigEFBF79B9E221E500A44D4769

Louis J Scoras wrote:

> And hopefully--for the sake
> of all of our souls--not the Java guys.  Well, I'm just kidding on the
> last one--kinda.

<defensive-nerve-twitch>
Hey!
</defensive-nerve-twitch>

For something more non-trollish, the Java rocky way towards lambdas and
closures via anonymous inner classes (eww) just might mean that if
either CICE or BGGA get promoted into the language, you could use a
stateful command-object implementing a SAM type interchangeably with a
closure, eliminating the need for a first-class (and isolated) closure
concept. Which I can't think of what it could be good for, but then
again, noone knew what continuations were good for for a webapp until
recently either.

David Vallner