Austin Ziegler wrote:
> On 10/15/06, Josh Scholar <cafealpha2 / gmail.com> wrote:
> > I just tried a few more things that weren't sufficient to get this
> > working, one of which was copying zlib1.dll from the one-click install
> > version of Ruby 1.8.5.
> >
> > I suppose I can substitute that for building a custom version of zlib
> > (I hope).
>
> You can't. They're built with different compilers.

I just tried rebuilding with MSYS/MingW.

It built, it passed "make test", but then there was a problem.

"make install" echoed the commands, but no directories were made and no
files copied.

I tried the "mkdir" commands by hand, and that did make the
directories.  But running "make install again" didn't actually copy the
files.

I have no idea why "make install" is failing.

Would this go smoother if I built with a different compiler?  I do have
MSYS/MingW installed.