Hi All,

I have released a new version of RSRuby on rubyforge today:

http://rubyforge.org/projects/rsruby/

RSRuby allows the user to embed a full R interpreter into a Ruby
script. This allows the script to call any R function and convert the
result back into Ruby. From the R website: 'R is a free software
environment for statistical computing and graphics.'. Running a
students t-test (or any other R function) is as simple as:

   require 'rsruby'
   r=RSRuby.instance		#Create R interpreter
   ttest = r.t_test([1,2,3])		#Convert [1,2,3] to R. Run t.test
function and convert result back to Ruby
   puts ttest['p.value']		#Prints out p.value statistic from the
ttest object

In this new release, the whole codebase has been moved over to an RPy
(http://rpy.sourceforge.net/) derived core, which has resulted in
some changes and new features as well as improved stability.
Documentation is still patchy, though there are some examples
included in the release and an almost complete conversion of the RPy
test suite. A better manual/tutorial is on my list of things for the
next release, until then the RPy manual may help.

Dr Alex Gutteridge
Post-Doctoral Researcher

Bioinformatics Center
Institute for Chemical Research