I've spent a good deal of time looking for a ruby/python/perl friendly
open source reliable messaging system without much luck.  I know
Francis is working on an AMQP based system, and I've taken a look at
reliable-message but that's strictly ruby.   ActiveMQ seemed very nice
until I found out that the main connectivity to it from languages
other than java (stomp) is currently broken,  and it's overall
stability seems to be a question.  Xmlblaster looks fairly good and
supports xmlrpc, corba, and even email along with it's own binary
protocol.  The rest that I found such as Mantaray, OpenJMS, and JORAM
either didn't have connectivity outside of java, or had other
limitations such as no durable consumers, etc..

I've also taken a look at just using XMPP, but all the activity around
is it really centered on IM.

Specifically what I need is a durable, reliable publisher/consumer
message queue that also has either some type of distributed broker
setup or even a master/slave architecture.  With the emphasis being on
reliable.

Anything out there that I missed?

Chris