Ma Br wrote:
> > * Support for Qt 4.2 with over 80 new classes
>
> Dear QtRuby developers!
>
> I am new to QtRuby and I am not a C++ developer, so please forgive me if
> this is a very stupid question ;) I tried to find the answer in this
> forum and elsewhere, but without result.
>
> I have successfully installed QT 4.2 in /Developer/qt/ on my OSX
> (PowerPC) machine using:
>
> /configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -qt-libpng -debug -no-stl
> -no-exceptions -fast -no-framework -prefix /Developer/q
>
> All example QT apps work fine.
>
> Now I tried to configure QtRuby 1.4.6 using:
> /configure --enable-mac --with-qt-dir=/Developer/qt
> --with-qt-includes=/Developer/qt/include --with-qt-libraries=
> /Developer/qt/lib
>
> But this always results in:
>
> checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 4.1) (library qt) not
> found. Please check your installation (and make sure you compiled
> Qt with -debug - doing symlinks to a -release build of Qt4 will
> introduce breakage, do not do that -)!
>
> Who knows how to deal with this ? What can I do ? Any suggestions ?
> I would be very happy to get this going ...
You could try setting your $QTDIR environment variable to
'/Developer/qt' - that might help. Have a look at the discussions on
the help forum on the RubyForge Korundum site about building on Mac OS
X if you're still stuck:

http://rubyforge.org/forum/forum.php?forum_id=723

 The main problem is that autoconf/automake don't work well on Mac OS X
and you may need to use qmake and ruby extconf instead.

-- Richard