On 14-Oct-06, at 10:56 PM, Roy Sutton wrote:

> Bob Hutchison wrote:
>>
>> On 14-Oct-06, at 2:15 PM, Alex Fenton wrote:
>>
>>> wxRuby2 preview 0.0.36 has been released!
>>
>> That's great news!
>>
>> I tried installing it from the gem, it installed, but libpng isn't
>> found when trying to run minimal.
>>
>> This is on OS X intel.
>>

> Thanks for the report, Bob.  We'll get on that.  We should be
> statically linking any libraries that aren't installed by default.
> We are probably going to have a .37 release after we get some more
> feedback on .36.
>
> Although I'm not our OS X person I did find this info here which
> may help you get libpng so you can move forwards:
>
> As mentioned previously, you can download |libpng| from its home
> site, /libpng.org/. The easiest way to install the |libpng| library
> is to use the |fink| package installer <http://www.macdevcenter.com/
> pub/a/mac/2005/09/30/fink.html>. The |fink| package installer will
> install libpng in the directory //sw/lib/.

I did the same as Ezra (configure; make; sudo make install -- but I
changed the -O2 optimisation level to -O1 to avoid that gcc problem
with -O2)

The demos mostly mostly all run! Nice!

There are a few problems, as I muck about with this I'll report them.
I just don't quite know when I'll get a chance (though this progress
you've made makes something I've been wanting to do possible so...)

Cheers,
Bob

> Roy

----