Devin Mullins wrote:
> Daniel N wrote:
>  > I'm not sure that the thread ended up reaching a conclusion though.
>
> No, it didn't. The hypothesis was that the *parser* has a little easier
> time with non-interpolated strings, and the benchmarks didn't test that.
> They had N.times { "blah blah" } when they should have had N.times {
> eval '"blah blah"' }.
>
> That said, it's hardly a reason to go for single quotes. I mean, the
> quintessence of premature optimization dude. /That/ said, I think the
> singles make less line noise.

A common convention is to use single quotes unless there is
a reason to use double quotes. I sometimes follow that, but
frequently forget.

I find the double quotes more intuitive, but it's a microscopic
difference and probably has to do with my years of C and BASIC
(notwithstanding the years of Pascal and Fortran).

Hal