On Oct 15, 2006, at 12:20 AM, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Eric Hodel wrote:
>> On Oct 2, 2006, at 1:11 PM, Gavin Kistner wrote:
>>> If this is normal, may I suggest that we need to have a
>>> discussion on
>>> how to start caching/indexing content so that ri can be blazing
>>> fast?
>>
>> I believe ri scans each .yml file for matching information.  An index
>> would probably be a nice way to speed it up.
>
> Hmmm ... could ferret do this?

That would be using a sledgehammer to solve a problem you could fix
with a tap of your palm.

ri "search" is quite dumb.  It only matches against classes, modules
and methods.

(Also, ri_cache.rb already exists.  It probably only needs to be
serialized and updated when new documentation arrives (from gems).)

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com