Hi all,

I'm pleased to announce the first release of my GPX ruby gem:

    http://gpx.rubyforge.org

GPX is an XML format for representing GPS data.  This 100% ruby gem
supports reading, editing, and writing of GPX files.  It is the same
code that powers the trip-editing part of my site,
http://walkingboss.org.

In addition to parsing GPX files, this gem also supports:
   * parsing and conversion of the NMEA output from Magellan GPS devices
   * deletion and cropping of points within/outside of a rectangular bounds
   * calculation of meta-data about files, tracks, segments
   * creating new GPX files

-Doug Fales
http://guod.net
http://walkingboss.org