James Britt wrote:
> Kyrre Nyg?rd wrote:
>>
>>         Hey all!
>>
>>         I aspire to become a great Ruby as well as Rails developer.
>> But what books should I buy?
>
> Go get David Black's book, Ruby for Rails, and then use Google for free
> Ruby tutorials and guides and API docs.  And ask a lot of questions here.
>
> Spend your remaining money on books about software development and
> software engineering, not just Ruby stuff.

You mean there aren't any Ruby-specific software engineering books? :)

But seriously, for someone on a low budget, start with David Black's
book, then start accumulating PDFs from Pragmatic on an "as-needed"
basis. All the good software engineering/agile practices are
well-represented in the Pragmatic bookshelf.

By the way, I never did see any info on the original poster's experience
level or background. I assumed from the post that he was an experienced
programmer who wanted to branch into Ruby and Rails, given his initial
selection.