On Sun, 15 Oct 2006, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:

> Ah ... so Ruby is not mainstream? Perhaps an ability to refactor legacy
> COBOL will make it mainstream in spades!!

Ruby is just starting to become mainstream.  There are still a lot of
computer people who haven't even heard of it.

> Page formatting? Isn't that built into Perl, which I think is
> "mainstream"? "Practical Extraction and *Reporting* Language", right?

Page formatting in Perl is nowhere near as powerful and easy to use as
what is provided in COBOL.  I don't know many perl programmers who use it
regularly.

-- Matt
It's not what I know that counts.