dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
> Hi --
>

> If you want to do single table inheritance, you need to use a single
> table :-)  You're using two (principals and users).
>
> Try the following:
>
>   1. add a type/text column to users
>   2. get rid of principals
>   3. in the models, do:
>
>    class User < ActiveRecord::Base
>    end
>
>    class Principal < User
>    end
>
> I know I've reversed the inheritance flow; it seems to make more sense
> this way, but you can of course switch it around.
>

> David

Thanks for your comments.  It seems I completely missed
what single table inheritance is all about. You'd thing by
calling it single table, I'd have gotten that it was
_single_table_..  I'm hoping to have other principal types
in my system (groups, systems, users, etc).  I guess I'll
need to work something out with
has_a, am I pointing in the right direction?

Thanks.

Andy

--
Andrew Libby