Carl Graff wrote:
Thanks to the bvoth of you for tryin gto resolve this for me. Turns out
it was a b0ne0head mistake on my part as usual (how embarrasing). I did
not close teh file after creating it as sheown in the little except that
follows:

    reader = CSV.open(locXfrFile, 'r')
    top_row = reader.shift  # skip top row as it just contains column
names
    reader.each {|r|
      l = ShpLine.new
      ordno = r[3][0,r[3].length-10]
      order[ordno] = ShpOrd.new unless order[ordno]
      attrb_assign(order[ordno], l, "ship_date", r[0])
      detail << l
    }
    reader.close   <= I forgot to put this clcse statement in - duh!