Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> Hi,
>
> At Fri, 13 Oct 2006 16:35:42 +0900,
> Carl Graff wrote in [ruby-talk:219487]:
>> I have a problem delecting a file that has a UNC path. I am using 1.8.4
>> on windows and this same thing did work in 1.8.2.
>
> I don't think it is related to UNC.
>
> Probably, just my guess, you are not the owner of that, are
> you?
>
> FileUtils since 1.8.3 changes the permission to 0700, whereas
> 0777 before, in order to turn read-only flag off.  0700 means
> it isn't writable other than the onwer.
>
>> - is the C$ just a windows thing?
>
> No, but it is just an ordinary directory.

Well thanks for both respnses but they "seem" to be somewhat in
conflict. But you both seem to indicate that I must be the owner of this
file. I created this file in Ruby using the CSV library while I was
logged in as a suer whith administrative priviliges.

1. So how do I find out who in owner of this file?
2. The cp command does work which seems to imply that I have write
priviliges to the subdirectory where I an copying the file to.
3. I even created a new separate share that doesn't utilize the system
admin defualt C$ share and gave myself FULL RIGHTS to the folder and
file - still no luck.

Perhaps I need to explore the FileUtil source code to see if I can find
out whay this is happening. Is ther a way to change the permission prior
to trying the delete so that I can delete it?

Thanks for trying to solve this for me,
 Carl